Different types of fashion websites
How do you want your fashion website to be built?
To set a trend, one needs to look into the future
A good business-plan and a good vision of the website should obviously include Internet media. When you decide to create a blog, e-commerce, gallery or social site you should think over how you want it to run and what functionalities you would like it to have.
A good plan also includes possible changes in both, a fashion and IT, industries. It may after all occur that the sudden changes in IT may widen your site opportunities or influence your media and real image.
A good knowledge of the industry, a good IT-fashion research, may conclude in you being a few steps ahead your competition.
Such reaserch is valuable even if you leave most of the decisions making to your agency (including operation plan and strategy) – it may happen that a fashion person will spot something that an IT specialist can’t. The fields synergy may result in an innovation. A good research will help you look into the future and answer questions about changes you may want to make in a few months, or even years.
Think what Internet needs you have:
- As a publisher, a seller, or an executor of the business plan – with which webs and services you should be linked?
- Where do your readers and clients spend the most time?
- Which content do you want on your website?
- Are you going to upload a lot of photos, or a lot of videos?
- Do you want to sell products, to connect people, or to inform them?
- What devices do your clients use (biggest fashion publishers have few versions of their sites: a mobile and a desktop, or even a mobile and a responsive design version)?
- To who do you write?
- Who reads your website most often?
- Which language(s) do your readers use?
- How big market expansion do you plan?
- And how often do you want to update?
Your plan should also include integrating your website with CI (corporate identity) and developing your CI through the web.
Beautiful Holiday Animation by Burberry
more infographics about fashion vs. technology and media
You may also like
17 Octfashion marketing
It wont be my typical ‘why IT connects to fashion’ post. But it’s still geeky ...
06 Mayfashion marketing
When I read on the Internet about Scarfie Emilio Pucci app, I thought: what a ...
30 Mayfashion marketing
At the Vogue Festival I had the pleasure to listen to Q&A with Christopher Bailey, who talked ...